Tuesday 9 February 2010

HAPPY




Yes finally I had a good short run, 3 miler today and I was able to pick up the speed and push, first time I've completed a short run, been able to run faster and not burn out, get a stitch or have to slow down so very pleased. I have now exercied four days in a row and I am still feeling good, ten miler last Saturday, 70 minutes on the exercise bike last Sunday, now let me make this clear I never set out to cycle for 70 minutes, but my sister who lives in Aus, skyped and whilst we were chatting away I just kept cycling, so that was a bonus.

Yesterday I went out for a 3 miler, again struggled as usual but was glad I went, Today ran again and as I said it was much better than usual. I am feeling pretty good considering, taking my stretching seriously, doing my achilies exercise and use my blue foam roller religiously.

I am finally starting to feel a little positive but I won't get ahead of myself one thing I know about running is you can go out one day and feel like a cheetah running in the planes of Africa and the next feel like a tortoise struggling to take one step, so at the moment it is a day by day process for me.

I really would like to break down my training into one fast session, running as fast as I can on one of my shorter runs, one fartleck session, (a few minutes slow and then a few minutes fast) one steady paced medium run, not necessriy the whole thing but try to hit half marathon or marathon pace, depending on how I feel to get my body used to running at that pace, and then the long run a couple of minutes slower than I plan to run the marathon. This is all dependent on staying injury free that is the most important thing to me.

It would be great to get some structure in my training, as long as my body can cope, need to make sure I am resting enough and eating properly, thats me done for now,
happy running.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment