Wednesday 27 January 2010

TOUGH



I chose this picture to remind myself that I can do this because tough is the best way I can describe the 3 mile run I have just completed,pretty pathetic, I know,I know, the cold is just another thing which makes it all that bit harder. Deep down, I guess I am disappointed in my progress, my lack of fitness and how much I seem to be struggling even on short runs. I had a few tears on the way out this morning, I was just finding it hard to find my flow. I look back to last year and wonder how I done it, how I managed to complete all that training and get to the start line of the marathon!

I kept going though, refused to give up, right now the only thing that is keeping me going is determination, I think going to the gym will help so that every time I exercise it is not a fight against the elements. I need to read some of my running diary entries from this time last year if I remember correctly I was struggling back then to.

I kept going today even though I wished I bought my oyster card with me and could jump on the bus to take me the rest of the way home, I know it will be worth it in the end, that I will regain my fitness and as long as I put all the work in and stay injury free I will have another amazing experience running the marathon, so today I had to dig deep to find some toughness and tenacity and I found it after I wiped the tears and told myself off for being a big fat baby, damn if I can't do 3miles without complaining and whimping out now will I manage 26!

I can do it, I know I can I just I need to get a few weeks of training behind me and I'm sure my confidence will start to rise.
Happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment