Friday 22 January 2010

4 MILES, LOT'S OF RAIN AND LOT'S OF DOG DOO, DOO!!!!!


So I could've been miserable this morning, as I headed out in Northolt from the boyfriends house about 8:45 am, it was dark, drab, dreary and I only had my IPOD for company, my new bright yellow jacket was on, yes I look like a bumble bee but at least car drivers and the like can see me.

The run was fine,stopped twice to streach out the achilles which held up fine, the rain kept going and became heavier and heavier, I didn't question my sanity although a few people passing looked at me as if I am crazy, but all that matters to me is I know what I'm doing and why, the time will fly by, and before I know it the marathon will be here, so it doesn't matter how cold, how much rain or even how much snow ( once the new gym I have joined opens at the end of the month I willhave use of a tredmile if the weather is bad ) will stop me from completing my training. The phsyio has given me the all clear so no more excuses.


It was great to get out and run this morning, I am definitely a morning runner,waiting until the end of the day can be a disaster for me! The only thing that really got my goat today was the amount of dog doo, doo there was, I run on grass to soften the pounding of running especially on my achilles, but for a while today I thought I was on a agility course it was dog doo,doo city out there and I was jumping sideways every few minutes. I don't get it, I just don't get, how people can allow their dog's to just foul anywhere and everywhere. I try not to let it bother my but I just can't help it, I need to toughen up deal with the dog, doo,doo, look out for it, but pretend it's not there!

So this week I have done a 3 miler and a 4 miler so far, tomorrow is the test I shall attempt a 7 miler, I have been doing all my streches and so far so good will let you know how I get on.

Happy dog, doo, doo dodging.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment